We found this little stool for £5 at a market and it's pretty cool as it is, y'know - vintage style. But let's be honest it might have crossed over from vintage-esque into ..kinda manky. So we decided it was time for a clean-up, Mexicana hot colour pop upgrade!
Yes, you've guessed it, the good'ol Wilco sample pots strike again!
Ruler (which we realised we needed after we took this picture - oop!).
1. Paint the wooden parts white, for a nice fresh feel. And leave to dry.
Such a vast improvement, that it could actually look freshened up enough like this, no? But let's go one step further, with some attention grabbing hot Mexican colour dip legs!
3. Turn the stool upside, to get the best access to the legs.
4. Measure an equal amount of distance for your colour dip - we felt somewhere between a quarter and a third up from the bottom was good.
5. Lightly make a mark slightly into where you will paint (rather than where you won't paint!)
6. Stick masking tape all the way round, with the first masking tape edge on your mark - it took us a while to work out to not put the second edge as the starting point!
7. Get painting towards the foot of the leg.
8. Three of one colour and an extra bonus colour?
9. Leave to dry.
10. Peel off the masking tape and enjoy the extremely satisfying feeling of seeing that super pure line!
And there you go - your new up cycled hot colour pop dip stool!